Thursday 4 August 2011

Learn English Online - Day 3


Learn English online - Day 3

Read Loudly and Repeat each sentence after saying, "Excuse me."
Can you tell me where the store is? Excuse me. Can you tell me where the store is?
Can you tell me where the bathroom is? Excuse me. Can you tell me where the bathroom is
Can you tell me where to find groceries?  Excuse me. Can you tell me where to find groceries
How much does it cost?  Excuse me. How much does it cost?
How much do I owe you?  Excuse me. How much do I owe you?
What time is it?  Excuse me. What time is it? 
Is this an emergency?  Excuse me. Is this an emergency?
Do you have a driver's license? Excuse me. Do you have a driver's license?
Is your arm hurt?  Excuse me. Is your arm hurt?
Where is the closest bus stop? Excuse me. Where is the closest bus stop?

Read Loudly and Answer each question.
What is your name? (My name is ______________.)
Where do you live? (I live in [city] ______________.)
What is your address? (My address is ______________.)
What is your phone number? (My phone number is [area code] ______________.)
Where do you work? (I work at ______________.)
What kind of work do you do? (I'm a[n] ______________.)
What is your work phone number? (My work phone number is [area code] __________.)
What is your license number? (My license number is ______________.)



Using : I have + (noun)

By using the words 'I have' you are informing someone of something you have possession of or have acquired.

Here are some examples:

"I have a cat."
"I have a nice car."
"I have a house."
"I have a computer."
"I have a headache."

You may hear the words 'cannot' and 'won't' used with 'I have.' By adding these you can express what you will not put up with or allow.

Here are some examples:

"I cannot have that behavior in my house."
"I cannot have you over tonight."
"I won't have anything to do with that."
"I won't have it any other way."


No comments:

Post a Comment